Thursday, October 7, 2010

Collette Dinnigan ss11

Collette Dinnigan is an Australian based designer that I have always admired.  Her dresses are the stuff of fairytales.  Well known for her handmade beaded and embroidered evening wear, her collections are always feminine and perfectly balanced.  She started her label in 1990 and in 1995 was the first Australian invited by the Chambre Syndicale du prêt-à-porter to launch a ready-to-wear collection in Paris!  I remember I liked her work so much when I was younger that I bought a hard-cover re-cap of Australian Fashion week with my pocket money, and I read that book so many times that the pages started to fall out!


I loved the feminine simplicity of Collette's new collection, and all of the beautiful lace!
...I still have that book somewhere ...I will have to find it!

 

Images from Style.com

2 comments:

  1. Les robes sont trés belles !! =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I'm gonna begin a professional make up school here in Paris, I love Fashion, so I talk about it in my blog but also movies, music, artists.. So if it could interest you, you're welcome!
    xoxo
    D-May

    ReplyDelete